Advanced ENT & Allergy is seeking experienced Medical Assistants to join our float pool. Our float pool medical assistants will have the opportunity to work with a variety of physician teams to provide coverage on an as-needed basis (possible late notice). Must be willing to travel to locations in Louisville, Bardstown, Shelbyville, and New Albany.
Our Medical Assistants are an integral part of our patient care. Responsibilities include both clinical and administrative areas such as assisting physicians with patient care and clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks. They provide information to our patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from our clinical services. Scribe experience is a plus.
- Organize patient flow
- Accompany patients to exam/procedure room
- Verify patient information by interviewing the patient; confirm the purpose of the visit
- Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests, including but not limited to blood pressure; weight; temperature; etc.
- Record details of chief complaint(s) and history of present illness in EHR
- Assist physicians with minor office procedures, including but not limited to nasal packing removal; application & removal of dressings; suture removal; and various other procedures
- Provide pre- & post-op patient education
- Triage patient messages
- Answer calls & provide pertinent information
- Under the direction of the physicians, call in prescriptions/refills to pharmacies
- Relay instructions to patients/families
- Schedule outpatient labs, MRIs, CT Scans, etc.
- Schedule, cancel &/or reschedule appointments
- Obtain lab/radiology reports, hospital notes & the like
- Enter patient demographics in EHR
- Manage & update patient EHR records to ensure information is complete & accurate
- Obtain insurance carrier prior authorization for medications, CT scans, etc.
- Obtain patient signatures for surgery consent
- Complete patient FMLA, other disability forms &/or relevant paperwork
- Scribe &/or transcribe for physicians
- Minimum one year of recent experience working in a medical facility as a medical assistant and/or documented evidence of externship completed in a medical office.
- Excellent typing, spelling, and grammar
Job Type: Part-time
Experienced in ENT and Greenway preferred. Excellent company benefits. Apply through the form below, please attach your resume with salary requirements: