Advanced ENT & Allergy is seeking an Allergy Technician for their Louisville and Southern Indiana area locations. Travel between offices will be required. Allergy Technicians play an integral role in patient care and are responsible for allergy related testing/treatment procedures. They are also the communication link between the patients and physician.
• Allergy testing (foods, inhalants, chemicals, IDT, intradermal and sublingual).
• Calculate and mix treatment sets for immunotherapy.
• Prepare testing and treatment boards and maintain.
• Administer routine allergy immunotherapy; answer questions & educate patients regarding allergy services.
• Determine if a patient is having a reaction and follow protocol.
• Triaging phone calls and giving instructions for refer to physician, if needed.
• Checks voicemail and returns patient calls.
• Administer emergency medications (SubQ or IM).
• Prioritize task consistently; follow through with all tasks.
• Communicates to the patients, physicians, peers and Manager in a clear, concise manner.
• Organize testing and injection rooms; maintain supplies.
• Cover the Serum Coordinator responsibilities when he/she is out of the office.
• Checks & maintains ER medications & equipment by providing details to manager for ordering.
• Calls Rx for Epi-pen and syringes according to protocol.
• Follows all HIPAA regulations.
• Maintains education requirements for job (CPR, Safety, Infection Control, etc.), if required.
• Phlebotomy, centrifuge blood, and complete forms to mail specimen to the lab.
• Notify patient of test results.
• Documents accurately in EMR and the paper chart in a clear, concise, factual manner.
• Responsible for charging, coding and posting each procedure accurately.
• Documenting all phone messages in EMR.
• Obtains Medicaid authorizations or referrals for serum and documents them in
• Assist during injection hours, including but not limited to: answering phones; pulling serum; pulling and filing charts.
• Verifies patients’ insurance benefits for all allergy procedures.
• Organize serum list and email to Serum Coordinator.
Education – High school diploma or equivalent. Medical-related training required;
Medical Assistant, EMT or LPN certification/degree preferred.
Experience – Previous experience working in a medical environment with direct patient contact. At least one year of experience giving injections in a medical facility/practice.
Strong computer skills, math, spelling and grammar skills necessary. Experience using an EMR system is a must-have. Excellent work history that reflects longevity required
(i.e. 3 employers or less in last 7 years). Excellent attendance record essential. At least one year allergy testing and serum building experience extremely helpful. Willingness to learn allergy techniques and procedures used at Advanced ENT & Allergy. Eagerness to learn the basics of ENT a plus.
Job Type – Full time, hourly, working first shift, Monday – Friday. Willingness to flex your schedule to work before, after or extra hours as needed and at other locations as needed.
Benefits – Competitive pay based on experience. Full benefits package available
(medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, FSA options, 401(k) with employer match). Paid holidays and immediate accrual of paid time off.
Job Type: Full-time
Experienced in ENT and Greenway preferred. Excellent company benefits. Apply through the form below, please attach your resume with salary requirements: