Advanced ENT & Allergy is seeking an Allergy Technician for their Louisville and Southern Indiana area locations. Travel between offices will be required. Allergy Technicians play an integral role in patient care and are responsible for allergy-related testing/treatment procedures. They are also the communication link between the patients and the physician.
• Allergy testing (foods, inhalants, chemicals, IDT, intradermal and sublingual).
• Calculate and mix treatment sets for immunotherapy.
• Prepare testing and treatment boards and maintain them.
• Administer routine allergy immunotherapy; answer questions & educate patients regarding allergy services.
• Determine if a patient is having a reaction and follow protocol.
• Triaging phone calls and giving instructions for referring to a physician, if needed.
• Checks voicemail and returns patient calls.
• Administer emergency medications (SubQ or IM).
• Prioritize tasks consistently; follow through with all tasks.
• Communicates to the patients, physicians, peers, and Manager in a clear, concise manner.
• Organize testing and injection rooms; maintain supplies.
• Cover the Serum Coordinator’s responsibilities when he/she is out of the office.
• Checks & maintains ER medications & equipment by providing details to the manager for ordering.
• Calls Rx for Epi-pen and syringes according to protocol.
• Follows all HIPAA regulations.
• Maintains education requirements for the job (CPR, Safety, Infection Control, etc.), if required.
• Phlebotomy, centrifuge blood, and complete forms to mail specimen to the lab.
• Notify patient of test results.
• Documents accurately in EMR and the paper chart in a clear, concise, factual manner.
• Responsible for charging, coding, and posting each procedure accurately.
• Documenting all phone messages in EMR.
• Obtains Medicaid authorizations or referrals for serum and documents them in
• Assist during injection hours, including but not limited to answering phones; pulling serum; pulling and filing charts.
• Verifies patients’ insurance benefits for all allergy procedures.
• Organize a serum list and email it to the Serum Coordinator.
Education – High school diploma or equivalent. Medical-related training required;
Medical Assistant, EMT, or LPN certification/degree preferred.
Experience – Previous experience working in a medical environment with direct patient contact. At least one year of experience giving injections in a medical facility/practice.
Strong computer skills, math, spelling, and grammar skills are necessary. Experience using an EMR system is a must-have. Excellent work history that reflects longevity required
(i.e. 3 employers or less in the last 7 years). An excellent attendance record is essential. At least one year of allergy testing and serum-building experience is extremely helpful. Willingness to learn allergy techniques and procedures used at Advanced ENT & Allergy. Eagerness to learn the basics of ENT is a plus.
Job Type – Full time, hourly, working first shift, Monday – Friday. Willingness to flex your schedule to work before, after, or extra hours as needed and at other locations as needed.
Benefits – Competitive pay based on experience. Full benefits package available
(medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, FSA options, 401(k) with employer match). Paid holidays and immediate accrual of paid time off.
Job Type: Full-time
Experienced in ENT and Greenway preferred. Excellent company benefits. Apply through the form below, please attach your resume with salary requirements: