The Call Center Representative is an active role which includes support in the areas of customer service and patient communications. This individual is primarily responsible for scheduling patients with clinic physicians. The Call Center Representative works under direct supervision to create a favorable impression with customers and ensures that a high level of quality customer service is delivered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule patient appointments as soon as possible
- If insurance is to be utilized, ensure that appointments are scheduled with physicians participating on plan.
- Answer assigned telephone lines in a timely manner and route calls to the proper destination.
- Advise patient of clinic policy and financial obligation.
- Obtain insurance information (request copy of card) and referral when appropriate.
- Obtain and enter into the computer complete patient demographic information.
- Inform patients of our clinic policy in reference to payment and insurance.
- Verify insurance and obtain referral when required.
- Input demographic information into computer for all new patients (to include any pertinent information such as insurance, referral, etc.)
- Verify demographic information on return patients not seen within last 3 months and correct in computer system.
- Contact insurance companies and verify eligibility and benefits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Knowledge of standard clinic practices, policies and procedures.
- Six months of customer service or call center experience preferred.