Advanced ENT and Allergy is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to support our clinical team. RN will work with Physician as a Medical Assistant. Travel is required between company locations. This is a 32-hour/week position. RN will also take first call for physician when scheduled (call schedule is split between entire physician team).
Our Medical Assistants are an integral part of our patient care. Responsibilities include both clinical and administrative areas such as assisting physicians with patient care and clerical, environmental and organizational tasks. They provide information to our patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from our clinical services.
- Organize patient flow.
- Accompany patients to exam/procedure room.
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient; confirm purpose of visit.
- Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical test, including but not limited to: blood pressure; weight; temperature; etc.
- Record details of chief complaint(s) and history of present illness in EHR.
- Assist physicians with minor office procedures, including but not limited to: nasal packing removal; application & removal of dressings; suture removal; various other procedures.
- Provide pre- & post-op patient education.
- Triage patient messages.
- Answer calls & provide pertinent information.
- Under direction of the physicians, call in prescription/refills to pharmacies.
- Relay instructions to patients/families.
- Provide first call for Supercall after 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday and weekends, handles all routine calls with appropriate disposition. Physician is always available by telephone whenever RN takes call.
- Schedule outpatient lab, MRIs, CT Scans, etc.
- Schedule, cancel &/or reschedule appointments.
- Obtain lab/radiology reports, hospital notes & the like.
- Enter patient demographics in EHR.
- Manage & update patient EHR records to ensure information is complete & accurate.
- Obtain insurance carrier prior authorization for medications, CT scans, etc.
- Obtain patient signatures for surgery consents.
- Complete patient FMLA, other disability forms &/or relevant paperwork.
- Scribe &/or transcribe for physicians.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensed
- At least two years previous experience working in a fast-paced, patient-centered medical practice, hospital &/or clinic with direct patient care and contact.
- Experience using an EMR system a must-have.
- Excellent work history that reflects longevity required (i.e. 3 employers or less in last 7 years).
- Willingness and eagerness to learn the basics of ENT.
- Excellent typing, spelling, and grammar.
Job Type: Part-time
Experienced in ENT and Greenway preferred. Excellent company benefits. Apply through the form below, please attach your resume with salary requirements: