Advanced ENT & Allergy is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to support our clinical team. RN will work with the Physician as a Medical Assistant. Travel is required between company locations. This is a 32-hour/week position. RN will also take the first call for the physician when scheduled (the call schedule is split between the entire physician team).
Our Medical Assistants are an integral part of our patient care. Responsibilities include both clinical and administrative areas such as assisting physicians with patient care and clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks. They provide information to our patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from our clinical services.
- Organize patient flow.
- Accompany patients to the exam/procedure room.
- Verify patient information by interviewing the patient; confirm the purpose of the visit.
- Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests, including but not limited to blood pressure; weight; temperature; etc.
- Record details of chief complaint(s) and history of present illness in EHR.
- Assist physicians with minor office procedures, including but not limited to nasal packing removal; application & removal of dressings; suture removal; and various other procedures.
- Provide pre- & post-op patient education.
- Triage patient messages.
- Answer calls & provide pertinent information.
- Under the direction of the physicians, call in prescriptions/refills to pharmacies.
- Relay instructions to patients/families.
- Provide the first call for Supercall after 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday and weekends, handles all routine calls with appropriate disposition. The physician is always available by telephone whenever the RN takes a call.
- Schedule outpatient labs, MRIs, CT Scans, etc.
- Schedule, cancel &/or reschedule appointments.
- Obtain lab/radiology reports, hospital notes & the like.
- Enter patient demographics in EHR.
- Manage & update patient EHR records to ensure information is complete & accurate.
- Obtain insurance carrier prior authorization for medications, CT scans, etc.
- Obtain patient signatures for surgery consents.
- Complete patient FMLA, other disability forms &/or relevant paperwork.
- Scribe &/or transcribe for physicians.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensed
- At least two years of previous experience working in a fast-paced, patient-centered medical practice, hospital &/or clinic with direct patient care and contact.
- Experience using an EMR system is a must-have.
- Excellent work history that reflects longevity required (i.e. 3 employers or less in the last 7 years).
- Willingness and eagerness to learn the basics of ENT.
- Excellent typing, spelling, and grammar.
Job Type: Part-time
Experienced in ENT and Greenway preferred. Excellent company benefits. Apply through the form below, please attach your resume with salary requirements: