Advanced Hearing Center of Kentucky and Southern Indiana
At Advanced ENT Hearing Center our expert team of Audiology professionals, who have either Master or Doctoral degrees, provides comprehensive diagnostic services for hearing and balance disorders. Our staff of 10 Audiologists work in each of the 8 office locations and are licensed in both Kentucky and Indiana. Working alongside the doctors, our audiologists provide the best possible evaluation and treatment of hearing disorders and communication needs. Diagnostic testing is available for children and adults of all ages.
Causes of Hearing Loss
One of the most common “myths” about hearing loss is that only “old people” suffer from it! In fact, the reverse is true! The majority (65%) of people with hearing loss are younger than 65 and six million people in the U.S. between 18 and 44 suffer from hearing loss.
The primary causes of hearing loss are: Exposure to noise, family history of hearing loss, medicine, aging process, disease and head trauma.
Our Audiologic services include:
- Comprehensive hearing evaluations to determine hearing health
- Tympanometry (test for presence of fluid in ears)
- Otoacoustic emissions testing (OAEs) (simple, non-invasive test for hearing defects – particularly in children)
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) (screening test to monitor for hearing defects – particularly in children)
- Electro/Videonystagmography (ENG/VNG) (diagnostic test to determine cause of balance dysfunction)
- Electrocochleography (ECochG) (diagnostic test to determine cause of balance dysfunction)
- Treatment of benign positional vertigo (BPV) (dizziness)
- Fitting of custom earmolds for water and hearing protection
It is our mission to improve your quality of life through effective hearing healthcare. Our Audiologists fit a wide array of the highest quality hearing aids. Not only will you be fitted with the best the industry has to offer, we will strive to keep you happy with your hearing aids for years to come.
Complete hearing healthcare is an essential component to success with your hearing aids. As part of our complete hearing healthcare program, you will receive quarterly hearing aid cleanings, yearly audiometric screenings, and yearly hearing instrument evaluations and reprogramming for the life of your hearing aids. There is no additional charge for these services. The sounds of your life are so important – we don’t want you to miss a minute of them!
Our Hearing Aid services include:
- Hearing aid evaluations
- Advanced diagnostic testing
- Hearing aid dispensing/fitting
- Quarterly cleaning and maintenance of hearing aids (at no charge)
- Yearly hearing instrument evaluations and re-programming (at no charge)
- Periodic hearing screenings (at no charge)
- Repairs-in-house and manufacturer repairs
- Hearing aid programming for a wide variety of makes and models
- 3 in 10 people over age 60 have hearing loss
- 1 in 6 baby boomers (ages 41-59), or 14.6%, have a hearing problem
- 1 in 14 Generation X-ers (ages 29-40), or 7.4%, already have hearing loss
- At least 1.4 million children (18 or younger) have hearing problems
- It is estimated that 3 in 1,000 infants are born with serious to profound hearing loss.
There are four types of hearing loss
- Conductive: This could be caused by something as simple as earwax buildup!
- Sensorineural: This is caused when tiny hairs in the cochlea are missing or damaged.
- Mixed: This is a combination of conductive and sensorineural hearing loss.
- Central: Strokes and central nerve diseases are often the cause of this type of hearing loss.
Types of Hearing Loss
Not all hearing loss can be corrected through the use of hearing aids or alternative listening devices. The type of hearing loss determines the specific treatment required.