Advanced ENT & Allergy Mission Statement
We are committed to superior care in a professional and efficient manner that demonstrates respect for our patients and exceeds their expectations.
Advanced ENT & Allergy History
Advanced ENT and Allergy is the result of an exciting merger of three tried and trusted Ear, Nose, and Throat organizations located throughout Kentuckiana in 2010. Otolaryngologists (ear, nose, and throat doctors) came together to focus on new technologies and patient services by providing a highly coordinated and comprehensive delivery of head and neck care. Our coordinated efforts in care and geographic coverage in the area make our services more convenient and accessible to referring physicians and patients throughout the region.
WHAT MAKES US “ADVANCED” ENT & ALLERGY
• The first in the area to offer endoscopic sinus surgery, balloon sinuplasty and packless sinus surgery – providing your patients with the latest technology in ENT.
• The only private practice group in the area to perform clinical research studies which has successfully developed many drugs and devices which currently are used in ENT practices across the United States.
• The first to offer in-house radiology in the region.
• The first private ENT practice in the country to become ICACTL accredited for our point of care.
• CT Scanner Xoran MiniCat – a new low dose radiation scanner.
• The the first in the state to offer advanced sleep surgery.
• The first in the region to have a practice that has both ENT and allergists who collaborate to provide comprehensive medical care to better treat our patients.
- Cochlear Implantation (adults and pediatrics)
- Bone Anchored Hearing Implant System (BAHA)
- Surgery for congenital middle ear and ear canal malformations
- Stapedectomy and ossicular reconstruction
- Vertigo, Tinnitus and Meniere’s Disease
- Ear tubes
- Otitis Media
- In-office Balloon Sinuplasty
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Packless sinus surgery
- Vivaer (in-office treatment for nasal obstruction)
- Sinuva Sinus Implant for reoccurring nasal polyps
- We offer a low dose radiation scanner (1/10 of the radiation compared to hospital CTs). Immediate imaging allows patients to visualize their anatomy. Most scans take less than 90 seconds and parents can be with their child while the scan is being performed.
- Sleep apnea
- LATERA Absorbable Nasal Implant
- Head and neck cancer surgery
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- In-office ultrasound and minimally invasive ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration
- Specimens are sent to a nationally renowned lab known for inventing the national standard for thyroid cytopathologic diagnosis
- Removal of congenital neck masses
- Sialoendoscopy (Salivary gland sparing surgery)
- Microlaryngoscopy and surgery for the voice
- Surgery for sleep apnea – Inspire
Working alongside the doctors, our audiologists provide the best possible evaluation and treatment of hearing disorders and communication needs for children and adults of all ages.
Our hearing aid services include hearing aid evaluations, advanced diagnostic testing, and hearing aid dispensing and fitting.
- Tympanometry: Test for presence of fluid in ears
- Dix-Hallpike maneuver for BPV: Treatment for benign positional vertigo (BPV)
Otoacoustic emissions testing (OAEs): Simple, non-invasive test for hearing defects – particularly in children
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR): Screening test to monitor for hearing defects – particularly in children
- Electro/Videonystagmography (ENG/VNG): Diagnostic test to determine cause of balance dysfunction
- Electrocochleography (ECOG): Diagnostic test to look for Meniere’s disease
- Allergy skin testing – food & inhalant (prick testing, intradermal skin testing, allergen patch testing, blood or RAST test)
- Exercise-Induced Bronchoconstriction
- Antibiotic testing & challenge
- Food challenges / food allergies
- Immunologic evaluation
- Immunotherapy (allergy shots)
- Sublingual Immunotherapy (allergy drops)
- Latex testing
- Local anesthetic testing
- Mannitol challenge
- Pulmonary function testing
- Niox testing
- Pulse oximetry
- Advanced ENT and Allergy has over 15 years experience dedicated to clinical research.
- Our physicians and clinical research coordinators have experience in Adult and Pediatric Phase I-IV clinical trials for the following indications; acute sinusitis, seasonal allergic rhinitis, nasal polyposis, xerostomia, mucositis, acute otitis media, recurrent otitis media, AOMT, AOE, chronic sinusitis, perennial allergic rhinitis, tinnitus, meniere’s disease, device studies, pharmaceutical studies, PK studies and outcomes studies.
- Met or exceeded enrollment goals in greater than 50 trials for SAR/PAR, acute/chronic sinusitis, AOMT, AOE, tinnitus, & radiation effects.