Our Advanced Cosmetic and Facial Plastic Surgery Offerings
At Advanced ENT and Allergy, we offer both reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery for the face and neck, as well as non-surgical procedures such as Botox and fillers. This area of our practice is led by Dr. Aaron Smith. Dr. Smith practices at our New Albany, Breckenridge, and Bardstown locations and sees patients of all ages. As our Advanced Cosmetic and Facial Plastic Surgery services continue to grow, use the blog linked to view the lists of services.
- Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty – Cartilage and bone inside the nose are rebuilt and reshaped to improve the appearance and function of the nose.
- Liposuction – Surgery to remove excess fat under the chin or in the neck
- Facial Implants – Surgery to make certain structures of the face (cheek, lips, chin) more prominent and well-defined.
- Otoplasty – Surgery to reshape the cartilage of the ears so they protrude less
- Skin Surface Procedures – Surgery using lasers, chemical peels, or derma-abrasion to improve the smoothness of the skin.
- Blepharoplasty – Surgery of the upper and/or lower eyelids to improve the function (like drooping eyelids) and/or appearance of the eyes.
- Browlift – Surgery to improve forehead wrinkles and droopy eyebrows+
- Eyelid tightening procedures – Tarsal strip, canthoplasty, ear cartilage graft, skin grafts for ectropion repairs.
- Facial reanimation surgery – For longstanding facial paralysis (like Bell’s Palsy) that includes eyelid weights, temporalis tendon transfer, static slings, and lower eyelid tightening procedures.
- Dacryocystorhinostomy –Relieving blockage of the tear duct system, can be done both endoscopic and/or externally depending on the case.
- Rhytidectomy – Surgery of the skin on the face and neck to tighten the skin and remove excess wrinkles.
- Dermal fillers – Add volume, contour, and softening of wrinkles to the face and lips.
- Neuromodulators – Softens wrinkles, treatment modality migraines, facial spasms (synkinesis, blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm), and masseter hypertrophy.
- Neuromodulators for migraines – Neuromodulators have been FDA-approved for use in people who suffer from chronic migraines, facial spasms, and synkinesis (abnormal facial movements).
- Facial Reconstruction – Surgery to reconstruct defects in facial skin from prior surgery, injury, or disease, including reconstruction resulting from cancer surgery, scar revision, repair of prior facial trauma, and removal of birthmarks.
- Facial trauma reconstruction – All aspects of facial trauma repair (mandible, midface, orbit, and nose) with plating systems.
Aaron Smith, M.D.
Dr. Smith did his fellowship in both cosmetic and reconstructive facial plastic surgery under the guidance of Dr. Phillip Langsdon and the Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Tennessee. Dr. Smith trained for six years focusing only on the head, neck and face. He has special interests in aging face surgery as well as more noninvasive techniques such as chemical peels, neuromodulators (Botox) and dermal fillers. Additionally, he is interested in skin cancer reconstruction, facial trauma reconstruction, and facial nerve reinnervation.